The Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst (RMAS) was formed in 1947, by the merging of the Royal Military Academy, Woolwich founded around 1747 and the Royal Military College, High Wycombe established in 1799, then transferred to purpose built accommodation at Sandhurst in 1812. New College buildings were erected to the northeast of Old College between 1908 and 1911 as the Academy expanded and the cadet intake increased. It was constructed of Bath stone and red brick and channelled ashlar with slate roofs. McAndrew Martin were appointed undertake design consultation services to and provide a detailed inspection of all stonework at New College Building and provide a specification and schedule of works for repairs only to the stonework for Health & Safety purposes and to identify causes of stonework deterioration requirements.
McAndrew Martin have recently completed the design of a new IWF (HIVE) Welfare Facility to the rear of Portal Close, adjacent RAF Northolt. Portal Close is s located adjacent the RAF Northolt Camp with dwellings occupied by the RAF Personnel and their Families and incorporates a Children’s Play Area. The Ministry of Defence required the construction of a new IWF HIVE Welfare Facility of which McAndrew Martin were appointed to undertake the design scheme. The project was designed alongside Modular Building Contractor Wernicks Buildings to meet the end users requirements, the MOD’s Counter Terrorism Measures (CTM) and JSP Scales, along with obtaining approvals from both the Local Planning Authority and Building Control. The building itself is of modular construction reducing the overall project programme and incorporates Solar PV Panels and heat cool pumps and energy efficient lighting. The design was submitted for Tendering and returned at £1.4m. The works were completed on site in October 2014 on time and within budget. The facility was unveiled by His Royal Highness Prince Philip.